Chocolate and Coffee Dessert Pots
CHOCOLATE AND COFFEE DESSERT POTS
The “slow” oven comes into its’ own here, producing a velvety textured dessert, due to the low temperature. These little pots can be made a day or two ahead and refrigerated. This is also delicious served with summer berries at this time of year.
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp “Camp” coffee (or coffee powder dissolved in hot water)
300mls whole or semi-skimmed milk
150mls double cream
110g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp coffee liqueur e.g Kahlua / Tia Maria
Chocolate coated coffee beans/ summer berries
- Set bottom oven to 90C.
- Place sugar, Camp coffee, milk and cream in a pan and heat gently, just to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring to the boil then remove from the heat and stir in the broken chocolate and then the coffee liqueur.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and whisk lightly. Gradually whisk in the chocolate/ cream mixture, until well combined.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, into a jug. Pour into 4 large (or 5 small) ramekin dishes, sitting in a roasting tin. Add hot water to the roasting tin and cook in the “bain marie” for approx. 2 hours, until the dessert is just set.
- Remove the ramekins from the “bain marie” and leave them to cool. Once cooled, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Before serving, decorate with whipped cream, mini marshmallows and chocolate coated coffee beans or summer berries.