Mango & White Chocolate Cheesecake
MANGO AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
This is a baked cheesecake, which works really well in your Everhot oven. You can use whichever type of fruit you prefer, depending on the season. You could use a rhubarb compote on the top, which gives a delicious sharp “edge” to the rich white chocolate.
60g unsalted butter, softened
175g ginger biscuits, crushed
300g best quality white chocolate
400g full-fat cream cheese
300mls sour cream
4 pieces of stem ginger
Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 ripe mangoes, diced
1 passion fruit
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150C.
- Line the base of a 20- 22cm round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a small pan, stir in the crushed biscuits and press firmly into the base of the tin. Refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat gently, until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place cream cheese, 150mls of the soured cream, eggs and 3 pieces of stem ginger in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- With the machine running on its’ lowest setting, pour in the melted chocolate.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and bake for 45-55 minutes, until just set in the middle. Cool completely.
- For the topping: Cut the remaining ginger into fine strips and place in a pan with the sugar, lemon rind and juice and the mango.
- Heat gently, until the sugar is dissolved and then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Leave to cool.
Remove the cheesecake from the tin and transfer to a serving plate. Spread the remaining sour cream over the top of the cheesecake and then top with the mango. Drizzle over the passionfruit seeds. Refrigerate until ready to ser