Orange, Cranberry and Pecan Biscotti
ORANGE, CRANBERRY AND PECAN BISCOTTI
These are a great addition to your baking repertoire. When guests pop round for coffee over Christmas get these little biscotti out of the tin (they will store well in a tin or can be frozen). They definitely have the taste and smell of Christmas, but are a lighter option than some of the other festive treats, and could even be wrapped up prettily to give as a gift.
You will need to use the top oven for the first bake and then place in the bottom oven, raised to 150C, for the second bake.
2 medium eggs
Zest of 2 oranges
300g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g pecans, roughly chopped
85g dried cranberries
- Set bottom oven to 150C.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat together the sugar, eggs and orange zest until light and creamy. Stir in the flour, baking powder, pecans and cranberries and mix into a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth. Using floured hands divide in half and roll each piece into a 30-35cm log.
- Flatten each log slightly and place on the baking tray. Bake in the top oven at 200C for 25- 30 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Cut into 1.5 cm diagonal slices and place, cut side up, on the baking tray.
- Place in the bottom oven for 20 -30 minutes, turning once, until the cut sides turn a light golden colour.