Pea and Potato Patties
Recipe produced by The Cotswold Chef
150g Potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
50g of frozen or fresh peas
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 green chilli, finely diced
1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 tablespoon chickpea flour
Juice of 1/2 a lemon, zest optional
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender and then add the peas and cook for a further couple of minutes until the peas are cooked.
2. Drain the liquid and mash the potatoes and peas
3. Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and fry the chopped chilli, onion and spices for 1 minute
4. Add spices to the mashed potatoes with the chickpea flour and lemon juice. Mix together well and taste and adjust seasoning as required
5. Now divide the mixture into portions the size of golf balls and shape into patties and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan and when hot, add the patties in small batches. Allow them to colour,then place them on an oven tray and continue to cook through in a pre-heated oven until piping hot in the centre.