Root Vegetable Crisps
ROOT VEGETABLE CRISPS
A selection of root vegetables e.g Parsnips, Beetroot,
Carrots, Potatoes, Sweet Potato
Cracked Black Pepper
- Peel the vegetables and then, using a food processor or a mandolin, cut very thin slices of each vegetable.
- Dry the slices well with kitchen paper. (If using potatoes, wash the slices in water first to remove excess starch.) Put the slices in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Lay the slices out flat, in a single layer, on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. (It is very important to keep to a single layer, or they will not crisp up properly). Season with freshly ground black pepper and bake.
- Depending on the thickness of the cut, they will take between 20 and 30 minutes to cook (200C) and will need turning a couple of times during the cooking process.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently remove the crisps with a fish slice. Place on a wire rack or kitchen paper to cool.
- Put the crisps into shallow bowls to serve.